Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who owns a 2006 F7 with direct drive (no reverse). Curious how you like the clutching and overall performance, including top speed?? Also, if you added an aftermarket kit, what you thought.

considering changing my 05 drive clutch to match that of an 06, but not sure if it's worth the cost. Many 05's have clutching issues and it SEEMS the 06's are much more consistent regarding clutching...but hoping some of the actual owners can chime in and let me know how they like their clutching.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Take off and smooth shift is great, top end...........well thats another story, I blow by a ton of sleds off the line btu after 1500ft they seem to catch me pretty quik, I'm sure its partialy to do with the sno pro track, I plan on doing alot of clutch tuning this next season. But over all I'm happy. Corner to corner is unmatched in my group (mostly Yami's and Doo's), I can pull on them super fast.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think its alot better than 05 for sure but its a different helix and belt and secondary so........mine could turn some 77 gram weights though if someone just wanted to improve the stock setup a bit. I see 7960-8000 quite often and on mine as soon as I pass 7900 rpm I feel a wall and my sled loses acceleration. 7750 hauls ass!! imo its not worth the cost of the drive clutch. make sure you have the 10.4 and improve from there.

·
Administrator
20,052 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (justinator @ Mar 9 2007, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I see 7960-8000 quite often and on mine and as soon as I pass 7900 rpm I feel a wall and my sled loses acceleration. 7750 hauls ass!![/b]
excellent observations, keep up the good work, you'll go far with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts