Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
is the o ring broken? Looks like it got pinched or something...has it been rebuilt recently? or did you just notice this outta the blue?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got back from riding one weekend, never had any issues. Went to fire the sled up on this past Sunday and it wouldn't start. The compression was was high, hard to pull. I pulled the plugs and saw the water/coolant spitting out. I then tore it down to find this.
I didn't see anything really wrong with the orings, other than they were really flat. First time I've had any issues with this sled. I am now concerned about coolant in the crank case. How do I get that out? Was told just to be careful and let it idle, mix oil in the gas.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i wonder if one can pull the drain plug and flush with diesel to get all the coolant out?? hopefully someone will explain the proper steps

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
well pull her over about 10 times with the plugs out then reinstale them and your good to go fire it up let it idle for 10 min check coolant and take her for a drive.

·
Registered
320 Posts
There is no drain plug on the bottom end? Sorry, im not sure...i know the polaris's have 2 drain plugs bellow the exhaust...

Wonder if you can just ducktape a peice of gas line on the end of a shop vac hose to suck as much as you can out? Might be easier...unless there is a drain somewhere...but im not sure now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts