Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up two new left over 2006 Crossfire 700's. In the process of studding these machines, I discovered that one of these sleds has a major heat exchanger mod and the other (apparently early build) did not. Since I am sure AC made the improvement based on experience with inadequate cooling on the early build models, I am wondering if any other Crossfire riders have approached AC about a very "cost friendly" update to the early build model to avoid the aggravation of an unnecessarily overheated sled?

·
Administrator
2,580 Posts
what are the build dates on the two sleds (on the decal under the VIN right side of tunnel)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
feb 06 for the early build and a summer month for the later build, (june thru august i think)

·
Registered
101 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mainecats @ Jan 8 2007, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just picked up two new left over 2006 Crossfire 700's. In the process of studding these machines, I discovered that one of these sleds has a major heat exchanger mod and the other (apparently early build) did not. Since I am sure AC made the improvement based on experience with inadequate cooling on the early build models, I am wondering if any other Crossfire riders have approached AC about a very "cost friendly" update to the early build model to avoid the aggravation of an unnecessarily overheated sled?[/b]
I have an EB and mine overheated 2x last year. Actually my light came on and I pulled over and got some snow on the exchanger. I was on hard pack and ice. This year I am putting ice scratchers on; should sove the problem should it happen again. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts