Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

2006 Crossfire 700 Chain case swap

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wfburton159 
#1 ·
Alright, so I have a 2006 crossfire 700 with a 136 and a worn down 1.25 inch lug track. I purchased a 144 x 2 inch track at the end of last year and I'm itching to put it on, the only thing stopping me is the gearing. I believe the crossfire diamond drive comes with 60/60 gears, and I think I want to go with 57/63 gears (M7 gearing I believe). I want to gear down so I don't have to worry about blowing belts. I also would love to incorporate reverse onto this sled and see that this is the time to do it in the preseason.

I found a '09 F570 Diamond drive on craigslist with mechanical reverse and 57/63 gears (At least he says). However I have heard these style/year of diamond drives are relatively weak and won't hold up to the abuse i would put on it.

On the other hand, I have also seen electronic reverse kits for the M/XF 700's for sale online Here. Im worried if I go this route, my 60/60 gearing is not going to be adequate with a 144 x 2 inch paddle track. My question is, can I / should I try and fit the F570 chain case in my crossfire, or should I run the 60/60 gears and maybe get the electronic reverse?

#2 ·
The bulkhead on the Crossfire 700 will require modifications to fit any different Diamond Drive. Besides maybe the M7 diamond drive (that might bolt in). But any mechanical reverse case you will need to modify the bulkhead of the Crossfire 700.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.