Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I realize that at 300 lbs I won't get top speed for my sled but I had hoped I would get more than 85. I bought the sled late last spring and have only put about 500 miles on it. I dunno I have a late build and I know it is lower geared. It does really well getting up to 80 but it takes a while to get that last 5mph. I had it at the dealers this fall and had it all checked out so it should be good. Is it just my size or do I have a bigger problem somewhere? Is there anything I can do to get another 5 - 8 mph without spending a lot of $$? My riding partner with the zr800 walks all over me.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Mine goes 110 so yes there is a problem.

Clutches and belt are your first thing to chase. If you have lots of miles on the sled better to take them off and take them apart and inspect everything.

Are the clutch weights in pefect working order? How many miles on the primary spring? Are the sheaves clean?

Is the secondary clean and NOT BINDING? The hub bushing can wear out.

If clutching is in good working order and you have a new belt what RPM are you turning. It sounds like you may possibly not have a working servo motor operating your power valves?

·
Registered
192 Posts
it should go much more that 85. i can just touch 110 on my 700 crossfire and my 600 crossfire did about 105, and i weigh in about 240.
what RPM's are you running full out? stock shoud be about 78 - 7900 RPM. make sure your belt deflection is properly set and belt is not worn narrow. Also the primary clutches are usually due for a overhaul at around 2500-3000 miles so make sure your weights arent worn and your rollers are free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts