Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Full throttle and choke on does not do you any good. Choke it if you think it needs more gas. Full throttle if you think its flooded. Are plugs wet or dry?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I went in for lunch ima go back out and I’ll throw some gas in the carbs and spin her over then pull the plugs and see I didn’t do that earlier and I also don’t know if the choke is on or off I have to free it up

·
Administrator
36,339 Posts
Can you here the fuel pump come on ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I’m giving it gas manually it’s getting gas my fuel pump quit working last time I fooled with the quad that’s why I feed it gas with a nozzle bottle through the original hose from the old pump.

·
Administrator
36,339 Posts
Pretty hard to maintain 4 psi with a bottle?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I’m not worried about it running I’ve had this thing for a year I just want to see it fire up and with gas running through the main jets and getting sprayed in it should fire

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't know, but I think with wet spark plugs, I would check timing, shorting wires (look for wear along the frame and stearing column), bad fuses or since it had snorkels see if there is mud in the exhaust restricting flow. Also, from your pictures it looks like the cover over your stator is missing? Corrosion of the stator or stator wires would definitely mess up your spark. Oh, and get a fuel pump to eliminate fuel pressure possibility.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts