Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have tried 5 different times to get replacement axle. 3 times on internet, 2 times at arctic cat dealer. Wrong axle 5 times in a row. Using VIN was no help. 19 spline at gearbox, and 27 spline at hub. Any advice would be appreciated. Dealers seem stumped HELP

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
Do you have a VP, TBX or an FIS model? When your specific with any one of these models there should not be an issue for correct parts.

·
Administrator
41,905 Posts
Does it have a solid rear axle or independent rear axle ?

·
Registered
2004 Arctic Cat 400
1,282 Posts
Uhm... does it have a locking front diff? Was this machine second hand?

I did something to my rig a few years ago that I'm sure someone has since thought of or copied.

I wanted to install a locking front diff but still retain the hubs that carry on the wheel bearings and the original brake rotors and calipers. I took apart my front axles and used the inner from the newer machine and the outer from the older rig, this can be done both directions depending on what combination of stuff was used.

Can you please take and post some pictures of what you have going on with this axle? I've got a weird feeling like the CV boot clamps probably aren't the OEM clamps.

Also does the VIN confirm it as being an 06?

·
Registered
2004 Arctic Cat 400
1,282 Posts
2006 should not have been a cross-over year for driveline I believe. can you please provide pictures of the outer axle stub and the inner splines as well. This will help me gain a bit of an idea.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Arctic Cat 400
1,282 Posts
I fly home tomorrow and will do a bit of research in my garage this weekend, I've got 04-08 axles 400, 650, 700 axles all over the place at home, that definitely is a weird combination I see the inner bearing race is jammed solid on the outer stub, thats a common frustration when a wheel bearing piles up completely.

That does look like a home-brew axle job just because of the combination but it may have been a weird half year accident or some other oddity. When I get home I'll count some splines on the stubs and things I've got sitting around my shop floor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts