Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man, nice instructions, i have the same 4 wheeler, but mine is an 07 and i have itp mudlites xtr instead. But they are the same size. I am also thinking about getting that same clutch kit for mine. On your thing it says you have a carbslide mod, I was wondering what that is and what it does.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey i have the exactly same bike as you i was wonder if you made your snorkels or got a kit? and would like to know if they still make the clutch kit for this bike really interested in putting this in my bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey i actually have an 08 but its basically the same thing, i also put my snorkel on myself and i used 2in. pvc pipe, which works pretty good. I also put a moose dynojet kit in it which helped alot and 42lb clutch springs from speedwerx.com. and that helped even more, but it was a little weird to get used to.

but with all of that stuff added, my 4 wheeler will turn the crap out of my 27 in tires

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I just ordered clutch kit for my 400 auto (2006) from highlifter. What I noticed later that the kit was something called Economy and it doesn't include clutch weight rolls.

Do I need clutch weight rolls or is that highlifter set enough?

I use 26" mud tyres and drive allaround.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Rango...Speedwerx clutch kit is great

I installed the Speedwerx kit on my 06 400 4x4 over the weekend using your instructions. Took a day and a half (because I had to buy a couple tools) but it will go straight up a hill in high gear now. A couple points for others who might install the kit...you'll need an impact screwdriver to get the clutch cover bolts off...$10 at Autozone. Use a piece of 2" PVC to tap the roller out of the inside clutch and use a light lubricant (e.g., compressor oil) to get it back in...mine took several taps with a mallet to get seated. It's also a good time to replace that seal since it's the one most likely to leak. The hardest part of the job was removing the old gasket from the inside clutch cover...I used a razor blade and the 3M gasket cleaning wheels and it took 2 solid hours. Anyone who thinks they can reuse that gasket is crazy. I also replaced the belt with a Gates G=Force belt, which is a lot tougher than the Dayco belt I had on there. The Dayco is the spare now. I found the kit on ebay for $138, belt was $42, oil/filter $20 at Walmart, and couple of tools $30. So total investment was around $230. Well worth it though...I hunt on TN foothills and my AC has to carry me and a 10-point deer (I wish) up and down a lot of hills. It definitely grips the ground much better.

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Get a Suzuki eiger stock belt for your next one. They last a lot better than what you have

41 - 46 of 46 Posts