Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
yes, but you have to rack the rad. as there's no way to access it down low.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
You can put the Rad in the stock location because the oil cooler on the 400 mounts right where the Rad does its a simple bolt in job. Iam putting a 400 oil cooler in my 650 and it drops in just like the rad does.. :)

it will cost alittle bit of money to put lets say a 650 in there, you have to buy the motor, wiring harness, header pipe, drive shafts , coils, CDI, and maybe the rectifier as well and i might be missing somthing esle also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gwc @ Nov 17 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You can put the Rad in the stock location because the oil cooler on the 400 mounts right where the Rad does its a simple bolt in job. Iam putting a 400 oil cooler in my 650 and it drops in just like the rad does.. :)

it will cost alittle bit of money to put lets say a 650 in there, you have to buy the motor, wiring harness, header pipe, drive shafts , coils, CDI, and maybe the rectifier as well and i might be missing somthing esle also.[/b]

thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Would the 500 Suzuki fit without having to change as much?

BTI

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
i don't think the 500 swap is any easier. the reason i said to rack the rad is not cause it won't fit, there's a panel in 500 and uo plastic thats lets you access it to add water, the 400 plastic doesn't have that access panel.

you can also do a 435 or 453 BBK, 500 or possibly about stock 650 power from the stock motor.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just replace the front fenders the have the access panel for the radiator. If you aren't a hardcore mudder there really isn't any need to rack the radiator. You're just losing valuable space.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Yep or cut a hole in the plastic big enough to get to it and get a plug to put back in the hole.. :)

you know the BF 750 you have to remove the front plastic to check the rad fliud level...lol crazy

·
Registered
504 Posts
That's another ingenious design by Kawasaki. When will the manufacturers learn?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts