Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to you all. I own a 650 h1 (2006) and was wondering if anyone has drilled the carb on a 2006 h1. If so could you please post pics? I have also read some of the articles about adjusting the secondary spring to a tighter position. Does this help 0>top end or just bottom end, midrange or what? If this is done do you lose top end cuz i really can't afford to lose any at the top either as I struggle to get 50 mph. FYI : I have removed the spark arrester screen in the muffler and installed 27" ITP 589's on the stock rims,other than that she's bone stock and I weigh about 270-ish.I have read a lot about the 'wheelies' on dry ground etc. My 650 will not even entertain the idea of that. Will these mild changes give it enough to accomplish this?? Any and all help or advice will be appreciated and please enclose pictures where possible. Thanks a mil :chug: :wheelie:

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I'm not to sure on the clutch as i wasen't awhere that you could and springs to it? I thought you had to add a clutch kit witch changed the weights? (someone correct me if i'm wrong). I have a 2007 H1 and with 29.5's i can wheelie mine. And what i did to it was HMF pipe rejetted the carb K&N filter. Snorkled it. and added a procom magic box. But even befor the box i could still wheelie it. I will be adding a clutch kit to mine in a few weeks i will post results. From what i here it is good in the low and mid range. Mine has plenty of power as i can turn all 8- of my 29;5's in high range. I do belive yours needs some tinkering done to it. If you look at my avaitor pic thats mud nats and it was flawless.....

Mark

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
the slide mod works good on the H1, theres pics all over in here... yes tightening the secondary spring will help your low end and mid...

BM...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Muddedprairie <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
added a procom magic box[/b]
New brain box for the H-1? Where can I check one out at?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackmax @ Apr 18 2007, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the slide mod works good on the H1, theres pics all over in here... yes tightening the secondary spring will help your low end and mid...

Have you drilled your slide? did you have to re-jet?what size drill? How much did you tighten your secondary and lastly where are you from? Perhaps a toddy or two can happen someday on the other side of a mud-hole :beer_cheers:
BM...[/b]

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not to steal the post, but I have a 700 (2 days old) and I cant get it to stand up at all in low or high..... whats the trick guys??????

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Gas it, let off a split second, gun it and pull at the same time, worse comes to worse stand on the back rack, just be careful and don't bust yer ass doin it,,,,

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
big bore kit it and touch the gas

·
Registered
221 Posts
The procom magic box isn't a brain box for the H1 it will work on any atv it just helps provide a constant voltage to the ignition, they claim that it provides more usable power, don't have one so??? You can see it on procom's website sorry for the hijack!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts