Arctic Cat Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
It would be best to stick to same brand / tire as actual sizes vary greatly amongst the same number size. You don’t want front and rear diffs “fighting” each other.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Administrator
37,319 Posts
X2^^^

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hey so are the starter clutch shoes supposed to just slide right in ? Seems to be very slightly too thick to fit in the drum... What should I do? They otherwise we're exactly the same as the old ones

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hey so I got it all installed, and now it doesn't move at all no matter how high the rpm?? The one way bearing is for sure in the right direction. Did I miss something?

I did soak the shoes in oil before installing them, that wouldn't make it slip so much it doesn't move would it?

If I lift the tires off the ground they are just to say turning a little bit

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Alright so I took the cover off again, the drum spins freely counterclockwise like it should and catches going clockwise. So I think I may have messed up the clutch plates somehow when I changed them? I tighten all the bolts holding the springs down until they're snug, but it looks way different than before I took it of. Could this be the reason it won't move at all?

Here's a before and after
20200625_195051.jpg 20200625_194947.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

I figured it out!! The clutch housing wasn't fully lined up with it's base. Holy is the throttle ever responsive now! Is this what it feels like to have new components?!

One more question, the bike seems to always be engaged. It still moves a little even when I'm off the throttle. Is this because I adjusted the clutch too tight with the screws on the outside or will it break in eventually? (It idles at 1100 rpm currently)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts