Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 06 250 arctic cat, the one made by Kymco. It's been cold blooded right from new. Now that the temps are colder in this so-called Minnesota winter, I had to turn the air pilot screw all the way in just to get it to run decent. I'm thinking about going up one size in the pilot jet. I was wondering if anyone has changed the jetting on this ATV, and what did you find to work the best?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Do you have a primer on that carb? Wondering if you need to prime it to help get it started?

With the colder temps here in MN (and I use the term cold loosely), the air density does play a factor as there is more oxygen in the air, which will cause it to run lean. I'm wondering if perhaps your carb is gummed up a bit? Did you try running some sea foam through the gas?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Have you checked to make sure to see if the choke cable is fully working? How does it idle when warm with the pilot jet turned all the way in?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoFastCat @ Jan 4 2007, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How does it idle when warm with the pilot jet turned all the way in?[/b]
Good! It's the only way I can get it to idle when warm. Starting isn't the only problem I'm having. I runs too lean on the bottom end even when warm.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I believe that turning the pilot screw in will lean the carb out if it is fuel screw. Are you turning the screw on the side of the carb that is used to adjust the Idles speed? I have two of these bikes and they both run the same. 25 deg and half to 1/4 choke and they fire right up and idle for ever for the most part. They both have over 500 miles. Take it in to the dealer for warranty work. somthing is not correct. Just my $.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts