Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding my sled. It's a 2005 z570 fan. It is hard to start sometimes and since the wife uses it I was wondering if there is a electric start kit, I have tried to search online for it. However haven't been successful in finding it. New or used. Just wondering if someone has installed electric start in a similar sled, and where to get one, also is it a hard job
Thanks

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
This would be hard to find to piece together due to number of parts required. Front engine mount would be required and of course wiring and battery box. An electric start Z570 LX donor sled would be the ideal way to go.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I would want to figure out why its so hard to start. During the season when its used regularly, it should start within a few pulls. And should definitely start on first pull when its warmed up. Maybe check the enrichening circuit on the carb and check that the choke cable is working correctly and the choke plunger is opening closing...cable might need adjustment.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
I would want to figure out why its so hard to start. During the season when its used regularly, it should start within a few pulls. And should definitely start on first pull when its warmed up. Maybe check the enrichening circuit on the carb and check that the choke cable is working correctly and the choke plunger is opening closing...cable might need adjustment.
This was my first thought but he mentioned his wife uses it the most. I know for a fact there’s no way my wife would be able to pull over my Bearcat 570. I’ve had to and it’s not that easy.
There’s definitely no harm in checking these though.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
This was my first thought but he mentioned his wife uses it the most. I know for a fact there’s no way my wife would be able to pull over my Bearcat 570. I’ve had to and it’s not that easy.
There’s definitely no harm in checking these though.
Roger that. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts