Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that says the RSI from sled solutions will work..but I am looking at just wanting a 3 or 4 in rise on it but need it to angle up and not back..anyone have suggestions on what works on a sabercat

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
personally i would change the steering post over to a firecat..tube base vs flat plate and run a riser..a lot more options that way.
new the post is only $30 and risers everyone has for $10-15

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have messed around with that a bit. S/C steering posts are flat on top, you can use a flat riser from powermadd I currently have a 2" installed and kept all stock lines and cables tucked in the handle bar pad. However I dont care for the angle but not bad.
F/C has a pivot type steering post wich allows for more angle adj.
I bought on e bay a pivot adaptor it is a flat plate with 4 tapped holes that mount to the flat post of the S/C. It has a round bar welded on top for the pivot. Then I am gonna use a pivot style riser for a F/C.
But rember the bars are different. F/C has a flat across bar the S/C bars are more like a BMX bike with a drop in the bar and a cross brace. Meaning u can't use a 4.5 in F/C riser on S/C bars without changing a cable (i think) cause there is already like 3 in tall. If that makes sense to you.
I also looked online the throttle cable on a S/C & F/C have the same part# so I assume they are the same length.
The F/C just have a small bar pad on top most wires and cables are exposed compared to the S/C with a large pad that covers the whole handle bar. I would assume you can go as high as a F/C just have to put throtthe cable and brake line on the outside of the bar pad.
Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really wouldn't be that concerned about having a pivoting riser. I just bought an 04 sabercat 600ext and in stock format the bars are way too low. I had a 3" block laying around for the flat post design and put it in last night. Made a huge difference and honestly can't say that I'd be any more happy with the pivot style.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyon for the advise and ideas..I did order a 3in 15degree angled riser by RSI I had a gift certificate I could use at a local shop and they could order ...so I should have it this week and be ready to roll

thanks again

mike

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well I just got done installing my 4.5in Firecat pivot riser on my Sabercat. I used a Fly pivot post adaptor 1/2in tall and a 4.5in tall pivot riser from a F/C. I did not have to change any cables. Just reroute the throttle a bit and tug (gently) on some wires. Here are some pics.
No more hunched over!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had an 04 Sabercat and tried everything. The standard riser block pushes you farther back on the seat and also makes it harder [for me] to make sharp turns. The Fly pivot adapter is nice but when you use the Firecat riser the curve of the Sabercat bars comes into the Firecat riser so they do not clamp well unless you file the clamp on the Firecat riser to accommodate the the curve of the bars. Very dangerous to use this set up without accommodating the curve issue. Switching to Firecat bars would cure that but then you would need a 6-8" riser because Sabercat bars are like motorcycle bars with a 4" rise built in. To me the best alternative for taller bars on a Sabercat is to a switch to Firecat steering post and the use Firecat bars and risers. THe Firecat parts are cheap and the post is an easy swap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
custom

Sometimes if you have the resources, custom is the way to go. I took two plates of 1/4 inch steel and a 3 inch piece of schedule 80 steel pipe to make mine. I cut the pipe on one end at about a 12 degree angle, tig welded the two plates to the pipe, and hooked everything back up again. This allowed me to use the stock cables, steering post, and bar pad. Looks and works great. Definitely no more hunching over while riding through the chop.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I just got done installing my 4.5in Firecat pivot riser on my Sabercat. I used a Fly pivot post adaptor 1/2in tall and a 4.5in tall pivot riser from a F/C. I did not have to change any cables. Just reroute the throttle a bit and tug (gently) on some wires. Here are some pics.
No more hunched over!!!
what brand and where did you get that saddle and windshield bag for your s/c

1 - 18 of 18 Posts