Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok....... i just bought a 2005 m6, and was wondering if anyone has any tips about it or mods i can buy.... all help would be awsome

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just got a new '06 LE 162" and here's what I am doing:

Holz Racing front torque arm relocation bracket.

Ollies 4" riser.

Ice scratchers. I went with the ski mount.

I was surprised at the rough ride on the trail, so I need to play with suspension set up. I did not like the stock seat. It shoves you up too far and my manhood was bouncing on the fuel tank. It was also too low for me. I hear the Boss seat solves those issues but they are spendy.

I am also watching the underhood heat temps. I hear they get quite hot and guys are adding side vents.

There is a great thread on Snowest in the Arctic Cat forum on M series sleds and what guys are doing to improve an already great sled. Check that out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those sound awsome :kewl: but i was wondering about how much oil and gas they should use cause mine seems to use quiet a bit so... any more help would be awsome

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 05 M6 153 gets about 55 to 60mi on a tank, never ran out though, and about 3 rides on the oil.
Thats boondocking most of the day, about 20 of it is trails to the hill.
Here is what I've done
SLP can nice smooth tone not too loud
Boondocker a must to lean it out!
SLP air horn kit
HRP bracket must have , tightened front shock up a ways too
lenghtened oil injector arm 3 turns use less oil now and runs cleaner
2in riser
AC M knee pads $40 save the knees!
I wish I had a Boss seat!! 500.00 though ouch!
narrowed up th skis all the way, for me makes it easier to layover.
windscreen bag, to carry junk:)
drilled the track, and removed ever other clip, saved 4 lbs
next is adding SLP vents in the shock towers.
and lastly is praying for some new snow!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awsome but what dose this mean "lenghtened oil injector arm 3 turns use less oil now and runs cleaner" like how do you do that cause i would love it if it used less oil thanks again

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my sled has one problem with it on the clutch side the panle rubs on the clutch i have gouges from this and it really annoying to see it eat like that and when you lean it over to carve on the left side it rubs too any tips how to get rid of this or to fix it would be greatly apprecitaed thanks a bunch

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have the rear shocks revalved to work with the HRP bracket the stock valving compresses to fast and rebounds just a shade fast IMO. I had shock tech do my valving and it rides much smoother then my cousins with just the HRP bracket. The Ms do get worse mileage because of the lower gearing. Boondocker is a must. Avoid the Ypipe they don't work well at elevation. I still like the Vforce 3s they make the throttle responce much crisper. Ditch all that underhood foam and on the sidepanels you don't need it just adds weight.

Cousin and I came up with a good fix for the running boards holding snow to. We pounded all the grip stars flat then cut some thin umhw plastic and put a set of rox tread grips on top and riveted them through the plastic to the running boards holding the plastic and the grips down. Now the snow still gets on the boards but brushes right off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awsome but that didnt really answer my question because the clutch rubs on the left side panel how can i fix that i hate it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sled_neck9 @ Feb 9 2007, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
awsome but that didnt really answer my question because the clutch rubs on the left side panel how can i fix that i hate it.[/b]
Every single M sled I have seen rubs.....the only suggestion i have is to only turn / sidehill to the right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that sucks but is there a screen kit that you can buy to fix it cause it really annoing and it all ways falls and rubs and if you lean to hard you can some times stop the clutch all together which really sucks and im also look on how to cut down on oil and fuel consumption all the help will be awsome cause this problem pisses me off

·
Registered
210 Posts
No there is no fix for the clutch rubbing but it shouldn't be that big of a problem unless you have the sidepanels installed incorrectly. The side vents are just there to let hot air out. As for stopping the clutch there is no way you are stopping the clutch with the sidepanel that doesn't make any sense.

As far as oil there are a few methods to measure it the easiest way is to fill the tank full and makr or remeber how full you filled it. Top the gas tank off and ride atleast a half a tank out. Then measure how much gas and oil you put in to get them both back to full and figure out your ratio off that and go from there. As far as using to much gas the only way to lower you gas consumption is put in higher gears out of a crossfire. Mountain sleds are geared low so they pull in the mtns better but they run more RPMs then and burn more gas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts