Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2005 F7, at the end of last season I notice a little oil pooling on the trailer after riding but could not figure out why. In doing seasonal maintenance pulling clutches to clean and changing the DD oil. I flipped it on its side to fill the DD. It sat for a couple days after that and again had some oil pooling. Photo below hard to see much seemed to be coming from under the DD. Photo is clutch side with primary removed. Reservoir is fulll and no cracks etc.

I plan to post and sell but want to be honest. Any ideas what might be going on?

Attachments

· Registered
53 Posts
I believe it may just be the injection oil at or near the oil pump, my CFR-1000 does the same thing, if I have the oil tank full for summer storage, I have a rather massive puddle under the sled all summer, I also believe it collects in the intake boots at the carbs, (or throttle bodies) I don't think it hurts anything, but makes a big mess! I believe there are some "check valves that are responsible for this...

· Registered
14,356 Posts
Are you sure your DD case isn’t cracked?

· Administrator
7,981 Posts
This is common on older F-7's Seems the 2005 model has these issues way more than other years. In the off season, empty the oil tank as much as possible. I know people who replaced the oil lines and clamps under the engine and it helped a little. More than likely its slipping past/thru the oil pump and new check valves wont help, ( we tried that) check valves only allow oil to flow one way and did not stop the oil leak. Best fix is a dangerous one, an inline shut off valve right near the oil tank. If you forget to turn it on, there goes the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts