Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Folks,
I hope everyone's winter is going well despite lack of snow in most areas.

Now for the fun stuff.

05 F7 efi SP

About 2 weeks toard the middle of a 65 mile ride I began to notice a severe rpm issue with the sled. It would not rev above 7000-7200 until I feathered the throttle and it would go away and run like a raped ape as usual. However toward the end of the same ride it would not go above 6500-7000 until I feathered the throttle several times, and even that only worked some of the time. Fast forward to today....The same problem however it will not go away and it also wont even reach 7000rpm now. I have tried disconnecting (sorry if I got the wrong name for this part) wires that tell the sled if the carb froze open and subsequently restrict ignition. It wasnt the problem, reconnected the wires and the sled returns to "normal" At WOT the sled sounds as if its not getting enough fuel and therefor is sputtering however it also sounds like it might not be getting the correct spark. Sorry for the 2 "sounds" Im much better at breaking these things than I am at fixing them. So my question to all of you guys is this.....what the hell is wrong with my beloved POS?????

Irony - no snow all winter until tomorrow morning.....go freakin figure @#$%!!!!

Thanks In Advance
Brad

p.s. I'll be checking this forum for any possible soilutions very often all night in the hopes someone figures this out for me so feel free to request more info, I'll do my best to get it to you

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Brad, have you by chance changed your clutching? How does your belt deflection look? Are you running the factory 10" secondary? You say that it gets stuck around 7000rpm, then when you feather the throttle, it revs up to max rpms?

·
Registered
31 Posts
it is my first post but i joined just to reply. my friend had his to 3 dealers. they finally replaced the ignition coil. it was doing the same thing . now it is ok! same sled and stock, hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guy's,

Clutching is bone stock, all I have done is add VForce 3 reeds and a D&D silencer(problem was present although I didin't realise it, I see it now because of hindsight). I was wondering about the spark and if it was getting enough juice. I have decided to get it looked at tomorrow morning so I'll let you guys know, but thanks for responding.
Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts