Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what studs, backers and patterns worked for everyone else out there that has an f5 . i saw a few people running 102 and i believe 136 studs but there really wasn't much info on patterns and i dont want to do anything that i am unsure of to my sled. so far it has a set of c&a advantage x skis with shaper bars on it and that is the only thing that would change the handling from stock. the motor is also stock with the exception of a rumble pack ( which i am not sure if thats staying on or not )
thanks for your input
tom

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Tom, how loud are the rumble packs on the F5? I'm debating on getting one or just leaving it stock( I don't need the hassle of the law on the trails if it's REALLY loud & obnoxious) As for the studs, I've left mine without 'em and haven't had any problems with the deeper lugged track. Studs are a preference but experience with my last sled (01 440 s/p) they were a hassle + going thru the front heat exchanger after ripping away from the track and getting towed 16 miles to wait 2 hours for the truck to come back and get me changed my mind on studding the F5 this season. :chug: --Snotty

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have 102 megabites with woodys aluminum backers and the tall aluminum nuts in my '05 F5 SnoPro and it hooks up great. You don't need anymore than 102 in a F5. In the Picture you can see the pattern.
[attachment=69556:jump.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snottysnopro440 @ Apr 26 2007, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Tom, how loud are the rumble packs on the F5? I'm debating on getting one or just leaving it stock( I don't need the hassle of the law on the trails if it's REALLY loud & obnoxious) As for the studs, I've left mine without 'em and haven't had any problems with the deeper lugged track. Studs are a preference but experience with my last sled (01 440 s/p) they were a hassle + going thru the front heat exchanger after ripping away from the track and getting towed 16 miles to wait 2 hours for the truck to come back and get me changed my mind on studding the F5 this season. :chug: --Snotty[/b]

I use to think that way too till started riding ice alot, let me tell you while doing across glare ice and the back starts sliding out scared the hell out of me, plus studs help alot with climbing off the rivers here where the banks go straight up 30 ft. need the extra traction, seen way to many sled go up the hill full power and come back down the hill still full power slaphappy

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah , after riding a variety of different sleds with and without studs i definately want them . they just have to be proper length, patter and i should be good to go slomo

·
Registered
274 Posts
my pattern is 2 2'' apart and 2 3 & 1/2 apart all the way through. hooks up nice.

·
Registered
274 Posts
my pattern is 2 2'' apart and 2 3 & 1/2 apart all the way through. hooks up nice. and i got a rumblepack, they sound so good, you should get 1 without hesitating

·
Registered
274 Posts
my pattern is 2 2'' apart and 2 3 & 1/2 apart all the way through. hooks up nice. and i got a rumblepack, they sound so good, you should get 1 without hesitating

1 - 8 of 8 Posts