Arctic Cat Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
This really nice Doorfx all have to get this soon and already order the dynojet kit should be here on Thursday how hard is it to install On scale 0 to 10 10 being the hardest or do you recommend me take it to someone ?

·
Administrator
37,326 Posts
If you have rebuilt small carbs before you will be fine. Clean well lit area, put everything in baggies and label them. Take pictures for reference when reassembling. The biggest thing is be patient and methodical. The dynojet jet installation instructions are on their web site so you can see what you are up against.
The cleaning is the big thing, get a tip cleaner for torches, some brake clean and go for it.

Reactions: Bvill01

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
As doorfx suggests, a clean, well lit area, I like to put a clean piece of cardboard on a bench/table and have the floor clean, should you drop a tiny part. If you are fumble fingered like me, you will drop at least one tiny part .

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
If you are adventurous, you can cut the back off that muffler, remove the clogged up guts, reweld it back on and it will run better. My old 500 had the same muffler, removing the bung helped, but gutting it woke her up, as well as a timing advance flywheel key, dynnojet kit and the biggie= a Webb racing cam. That old 500 would easily walk my 700 TRV.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 06 650V2 that I’ve owned since brand new. Couple years ago I added the CDI enhancer and a jet kit, noticible low end difference but runs just as hot now As it did before. FYI, leave the pilot jet stock otherwise it’s way to rich at idle and will load up if you let it sit idling for any amount of time.
Someone else was on here a couple weeks ago complaining about heat, nature of the beast.
BTW, those plugs look fine to me, definitely not lean.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I have an 06 650V2 that I’ve owned since brand new. Couple years ago I added the CDI enhancer and a jet kit, noticible low end difference but runs just as hot now As it did before. FYI, leave the pilot jet stock otherwise it’s way to rich at idle and will load up if you let it sit idling for any amount of time.
Someone else was on here a couple weeks ago complaining about heat, nature of the beast.
BTW, those plugs look fine to me, definitely not lean.
How do you like that cdi box enhancer positives and negatives ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 05 Arctic cat 650 atv the exhaust gets Really hot on the left side For my leg any suggestions ?
Lean jetting is my first guess...have you put a pipe or performance air filter on it? I had the same probel with mine, but installed a Dial-A-Jet along with the pipe and air filter and its a beast! As an extra measure I also got a thermal exhaust wrap from the auto parts store and also fabbed a heat shield for the header pipe. They do make universal kits for heat shields, but I used one I found off an old dirt bike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
So my buddy installed the dynojet jet kit and he said The a lot of junk in the bowls of the carburetors after install was complete I drove it home and what a big difference ran really smooth and cooler on the left side.Ithas a bunch of power thanks everyone for all your great advice!!

·
Administrator
37,326 Posts
Good to hear

Reactions: Bvill01

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
That plug is richer than he//... A good burn (insulator color) will look just off-white with golden tan tip of porcelain and be black (but not sooty black) around thread base ring.

The plug shown here is still a little lean (though it appears as though it has some richness to it) as it was pulled after choking to start cold engine and made only 2 passes to determine air to fuel wasn’t yet up to snuff, as I was in process of rejetting a Can-am DS650 for a 48mm HSR carb from Mikuni for a customer. The base circle of threads should be just dark enough to mask any of the steels silver color and porcelain when viewed from this angle will appear to be nearly white to super light cream colored with just a touch of golden tan at its very top portion nearest the plugs center electrode.
If I had continued to run this plug for another 5-10 minutes, the center would have been nearly ghost white as the extra run time would have finished burning the excess carbon from choking it to start.

I have other plugs at work to snap pics and post, but not currently in my phone, sorry.

Attachments

41 - 52 of 52 Posts