Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got a 2005 cat and well it keeps taking on water and i cant figure out why, like yeh i get into deep holes but i nvr go over my air box, when it takes on water it just hesitates when i want to grab the gas, but it idles fine, today i noticed that when i have the bike standing straight up like on the back rack i was doing work on it and i forgot to close my gas i noticed that there was gas leaking out of a lil nipple type thing on the botom or the carb, should there be a hose leading up to this nipple?? and could this be where water is getting into my carb? or is it even the problem

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
put a hose on the carb drain for shure... then plug it with a golf tee... when your in the throttle it will take water in and then the water settles to the bottom of the bowl. this is why the bike will idle but not rev..

i used to have a 400 and it was notirious for that till i used the golf tee trick. tip= keep a long #2 phillips screwdriver on your bike for just that reason. it will put you in a bind for shure..

good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
by putting a golf tee at the end of this hose does it not plug up air or anythin like that?? does the carb even breather through that hole??? as you can c me carbs dont get along i dont know anything about them

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
that drain serves two purpaces, one the skrew when unskrewed a bit will drain the carb bowl (bottom) to get out any water/small crap sitting in there and two if your float (which floats on gas in carb and controls amount going into the bowl, opens and closes a small valve) rises too high or stuck excess gas will go out that hose (even with skrew closed) so as to not dump a ton of fuel in the motor. so when you had on end the float (which is plasic) moved and was still letting gas in the carb and with no ware to go out the overflow. even a oneway check valve on the end of the hose will work so it will allow fuel out but nothing back in if you can find for that size hose.
something real close to this, hope it helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right on sounds simple enough thanx for the help i shall let yous all know if this was wat the problem was

1 - 7 of 7 Posts