Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 440 sno-pro. I have been having a problem with the clutch and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.

After coming off the gas and onto the brake when I go to accelerate the motor bogs down. It feels like shifting a car from 1st to 5th. Sometimes it stalls and when I try and pull the cord to re-start the whole sled moves forward, after a couple of seconds I hear a "click" from the clutch and it will start no problem. I'm pretty confident that it is a clutch issue and I have taken them off the snowmobile. Anything I should inspect right away or do you think that I should replace the springs and weights. If replacement part are needed...any suggestions on where to get them.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i've ran into the same thing before, and either your wieghts are to tight and its binding the clutch making it stick, or your clutch bushings could be wore, i would put it on a stand and watch the clutch as you run it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
yup, the primary clutch is "binding"... its not able to shift out after decreasing the engine RPM's while in the turn.... with the spring removed the clutch should slide smoothly, not binding or lateral play... remove the weights and shims, make sure that they can move freely, and check the bushing in the sheeves and shaft for play... that little problem can sure make the little sled a pile cant it.. i fought a sec clutch and belt problem, once i figured it out, man that sled flew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts