Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Arctic Cat Zr900
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys! I need a new seat for my 2003 ZR 900 and I found one that’s in perfect shape but it’s off a 2004 ZR 900. I was just going to buy the tank and seat complete since Arctic cat staples and glues the seat to the tank. I didn’t want to risk ruining the seat. But after doing some research I found out they are different part numbers.. I thought being the same chassis it should be the same. I’m assuming it’s because the 2003 is carb and the 2004 is EFI. Has anyone ever done this? Any custom work involved or should everything fit ?
Thx

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
If you're going to put an EFI tank on your carb sled you will have to fab a cover for the large hole in the EFI tank where the fuel pump was. Search the Forum, there are other strings regarding this swap.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Are you sure it’s easy. Cuz mine was glued on around the tail light on my 03 and it was a pain in the butt lol
I've done a couple, one was on a ZR3 like yours. You'll have to take the gas tank completely off because the seat base is part of that casting. No glue anywhere. Use stainless steel staples in a good stapler. It's easier if you have a buddy to help too. Be careful stapling near the gas tank, you don't want to put a staple in that!

·
Registered
918 Posts
I've done a couple, one was on a ZR3 like yours. You'll have to take the gas tank completely off because the seat base is part of that casting. No glue anywhere. Use stainless steel staples in a good stapler. It's easier if you have a buddy to help too. Be careful stapling near the gas tank, you don't want to put a staple in that!
rite on with that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.