Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our ride today, the headlight and tail lights quit. Checked the bulbs - good, fuses - good, healight relay - swapped with the handwarmer relay and still nothing. Check the connections at the hinge point of the hood & they were solid. Ideas on where to check next? Guage lights work.

·
Registered
491 Posts
pull the rear seat off and see if the seat rubbed a short in the wires running to the tail light . That would short them all out . had that problem on a panterra once,.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't completely pull the seat off but I can see underneath and it doesn't appear to be a broken wire. Checked the wires around the jackshaft and they all seem fine. There is power up to the fuse. Any suggestions on what to check next?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Maybe the switch is the culprit? Just a thought.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Relays...

I have had the same problem with my AC 660 Touring -02. It was moist in the relays. You can test this by removing the relays and "drying" them over night.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was actually the fuse for the hand warmers. Not sure why it would do that or if the location of the lights & hand warmers are mixed up on the inside of the cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts