Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 800 EFI 1M. It starts fine, and idles fine. When I take off, once the throttle gets past 1/4 throttle, it's like someone turned off the key. When I back off on the throttle, it fires back up and runs like nothing happened. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

changed the plugs and checked the wires both are ok....any other ideas....

·
Registered
20 Posts
dont have your sled but had similarproblem. once i cleaned and resynced the carbs problem went away except for an occasional bog when attempting a slow hill climb ... that turned out to be a slipping belt which was fixed when i replaced the belt. somewhere to start anyway ...

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Does it fall off just once and then work properly, or does it not work at all once past 1/4 throttle? To me, the way I read your post, it sounds like it works fine after you restart it. After it stalls out, is there any codes flashing from the ECU? With these EFI sleds this sounds like it could be a sensor / electrical issue and the ECU is defaulting to limp mode and limiting the engine. I don't have any direct experience with these engines, so I'm just throwing some thoughts out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its whenever i go to about 4500 rpms and go full throttle it bogs right out and if i dont let go the gas it would stall.....i can make it pass 4500 slowly to about 5500 rpms and go full throttle it seems to go fine....weird....

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
OK, so you can baby it along and once you get past 5500 it will run fine up top. Could it be exhaust valve related, are the exhaust valves stuck open?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get 6 flashes on my ecu...which means according to my sled manual failure with servomotor....what should i do? Bring it to the dealer or is there something i can try my self before

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Get a new servo motor but that's not the only problem the servo doesn't do anything in that rpm range. Does that have the same setup tank as the firecat? If so I'd lean towards a smart valve sucking in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found out the problem....the mechanic I brought my sled to told me everything looked fine....turns out I spent 6 hours with a buddy checked everything over from a to z and the power valves (exhaust valves have never been cleaned since a long time)....runs like a charm now....thanks for the ideas guys....and for the servo motor it was the cables that weren't even connected to the servo motor so I wasn't getting anything from my exhaust valves at all

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Found out the problem....the mechanic I brought my sled to told me everything looked fine....turns out I spent 6 hours with a buddy checked everything over from a to z and the power valves (exhaust valves have never been cleaned since a long time)....runs like a charm now....thanks for the ideas guys....and for the servo motor it was the cables that weren't even connected to the servo motor so I wasn't getting anything from my exhaust valves at all
:thumbsup: Good news!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts