Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to start off by apologizing ahead of time, I've searched the internet for a definitive answer and have yet to find one. I have a 2004 Firecat F7 Sno Pro that I'm looking at putting the 1.7" lugged Sno Cross track on. I've heard, and received conflicting messages as to whether or not I will need to install new drivers on the sled in order for the track to work properly.

Has anyone put this track on my year and model sled? If so, did you need to install new drivers? I believe it comes from factory with 9 tooth drivers, and I've been told I need to install 8 tooth drivers, and I've been told that the factory drivers on the 2004 will be fine.

If weight makes a difference in the equation, I would weigh about 240lbs with all of my gear on, maybe a little less.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I hope I put this in the correct area, I know how frustrating it can be to have a new member come in and start creating new threads all over the place, it's just that I was kind of at wits end with this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. I think the first person I talked to was just trying to sell me a set of drivers also. Sorry for initially posting in the wrong area.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I have a 1.5 on my 10 tooth drivers and its a close fit. I have read that with the 9 t you can run as high as a 2.5 paddle, but this is going from old memory when I longtracked mine.

Reactions: snova4

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Was going to say something about not knowing math, but short answer is yes, 1.7 and 1.75 are interchangeable terms in track height. Some are true 1.7 and some are true 1.75.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I debated putting a deeper lug track on My F7. I did alot of research and stuck with the tried and true 1 3/8 Sno Pro track. For my type of riding the bigger track would not have lasted. I beat the bag out of my sled and I know I would have torn the big lugs to shreds. I was looking at the 1 1/2 racing track and in research found it was a softer compound rubber. Good luck .

·
Registered
25 Posts
the f7 i bought came from oregon and the previous owner installed a 1.7 lug. I thought i might have cooling problems with it but in 1200 miles last season here in ny my temp light never came on once. but we also had a lot of snow last winter.ill see what happens this season.love the track though where i ride we get some heavy duty lake effect snow and the 1.7 eats it up. no issues with torn lugs either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.