Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 2004 F7 carb sled. I have a full D&D exhaust. Y pipe head pipe and can. Does anyone know if i even have to jet it and if i do what size i go up to. Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
yes you will have to jet, likely richer (bigger jet numbers). there really isn't a set spec of what to jet though, because it varies so much depending on where you live. just do the good old trial/error thing and check your plugs for each jet range as you go. if you need a how-to i'll find it later, i'm in class now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Usually putting pipes on will make it run lean. Yes the leaner you get it to a point will have the best performance but also the most likely to burn it up, especially if your running in really cold weather it will run a bit leaner as well. Check your plugs is one way to tell how its running, and if its backfiring thats another sign of it running lean.

·
Registered
204 Posts
1. for twin pipes yes you need to jet up, for this combo no you will not. you could run it stock if you wanted to, but it would still be pig rich.
2. im running per-ner the same set-up, and it has run flawless.
3. ask someone on hardcoresledder.com what they think and they will tell you the same thing.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
which pipe.. std. single, or monster... monster revs to 8200-8300 rpm.. and needs more fuel (stock main if cold) than the std pipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts