Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 f6 efi with 3000 miles runs great from 1/4 throttle and up before that it kinda stutters like its loaded up or something i put new reeds in this year but it did it before and after it hasnt gotten better or worse i got new plugs still no change and power valves are clean i read somewhere that reed spacers might clear it up but i havent tried that yet has anyone else ran into this problem and if so whats the fix im running out of ideas thank you

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
They are pretty good motors but have you checked compression? How's the plugs? have you ever run Seafoam on a regular basis? These things are oil rich from factory. Do you know if the oil pump has been turned down. I had my Sabercat 600 set to average 33:1. The TSS may be giving you issue at the low end of throttle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are pretty good motors but have you checked compression? How's the plugs? have you ever run Seafoam on a regular basis? These things are oil rich from factory. Do you know if the oil pump has been turned down. I had my Sabercat 600 set to average 33:1. The TSS may be giving you issue at the low end of throttle.
i turned down the oil pump im around the 40 something to 1 ratio i even got new brpeix plugs to see if that would help it didnt im thinking the throttle position sensor may be off i havent looked into that yet o and i unplugged the tss yesterday but havent had a chance to try it yet

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
A quick check to ohm out the TPS will tell you if readings are smooth or erratic. Should be 3 pins. One lead in middle and one on an outer pin. If you get high readings at idle, switch to other outer pin. With leads attached, press the throttle slowly. Readings should climb smoothly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts