Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas to everyone. I just bought a 2004 F6 EXT, brand new carry-over. Great sled, first ride was 45 miles and it was great. All of my fears about pushing in corners and rough trail ride were completely unfounded !! Rides better that my 2002 Mtn. Cat 136" . Does the firecat have noisy clutchs? This one has what sounds like a squeal at idle. I can't tell if it is belt or clutch. It does'nt do it all the time. When you shut down the sled the squeal stops when the clutchs stop. I've looked and can't see anything wrong. Any ideas, clutch, belt, normal breakin, anyone have any ideas. I would appreciate any ideas anyone might have. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
How many miles on the belt? If the deflection isnt perfect you may be hearing belt chirp. That is more pronounced on the F sleds with the required belt for that type.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
My 2004 Sabercat ext 600 did the same thing for the first hundred miles or so, it seemed to be worse when the snow was heavy and wet.

I think once your belt gets broken in the noise will probably go away as it did on mine.

Nice sled!

:sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno:

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 05 F7 DD did the same, I tried breaking in the belt and the noise only got worse. Corrected the problem when I had the dealership complete warrantee work - they completed the required sheave update kit and adjusted the deflection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts