Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so all the chains are shot in my 2004 650 v2. I understand that the Kawasaki prairie motor is the same. I have seen some aftermarket chains from KMC that are listed for the prairie but not the Cat 650 v2. How do I tell what will work. the engine SN is VF650AE55XXXX. Is there an aftermarket company that makes a kit for these 4 chains together? thanks so much in advance

·
Administrator
40,716 Posts
Call Dan at Ralph’s Arctic Cat in Calgary. He knows his stuff. They are also a Kawasaki dealer so you get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will try again tomorrow since they are closed today.
Anyone else have any ideas about the parts compatibility between the 2004 Arctic cat 650 v2 and the Kawasaki prairie part numbers? The guy at Ralph’s had a guy he asked those questions to but has not been able to make contact with him for 6 months.
The 2004 Kawasaki prairie is named as a 700. Do I need to get parts from a 2003 prairie 650 model? I did confirm with multiple shops that Arctic cat just puts their sticker over the Kawasaki part number. What I am looking for is all 4 chains and all top end gaskets as well as the valves. Going aftermarket is an option as well if they will work with a 2004. Any information would be appreciated very much.

·
Administrator
40,716 Posts
Not many 650 v2 guys around here anymore. As far as I can remember the engine is the same, so therefore the parts should be the same. I’ll see if I can get ahold of a guy.
I was always under the impression it was the 700 prairie engine. Do you have a cc rating anywhere on the top end ?

Reactions: thriller007

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not many 650 v2 guys around here anymore. As far as I can remember the engine is the same, so therefore the parts should be the same. I’ll see if I can get ahold of a guy.
I was always under the impression it was the 700 prairie engine. Do you have a cc rating anywhere on the top end ?
You da man!!! Thanks

·
Administrator
40,716 Posts
I think Dan might have been talking about me. Lol

·
Administrator
40,716 Posts
This is the first paragraph in the 650v2 build up thread.
“I got a few PM's about doing a build up on a V twin motor
this is what I have learned while doing mine.
the arctic cat 650 v2 is the same motor as the prairie 650, the same basic motor as the prairie 700, twin peaks 700, and the v-force 700.”
So order them for the prairie 650 just to be sure. .

·
Administrator
40,716 Posts
Like I said when we had our chat, even Suzuki parts have the Arctic cat parts sticker right over top of the Suzuki sticker.
I wonder if they are still doing it with the newer Kymco engines.

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
AC bought the entire engine assy from kawi, with no changes to anything except carb jetting to work with the exhaust and airbox.
Any parts come straight from kawi, with the ac sticker on the kawi sticker.
suzuki parts, and kymco parts are the same way.
Order parts for a 650 kawi and you will be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
digging down a little deeper on the arctic cat parts there are 3 connecting rod bushings a green a yellow and a brown, none of which are available of course. I look at the kawi parts site and there are just a and b part. So can someone explain what the 3 arctic cat parts difference was?

Also found that the crank had a bit of wear on it on the left side so may just be parting this thing out if I cant find a reasonable priced crankshaft. Anybody need any parts? LOL

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
digging down a little deeper on the arctic cat parts there are 3 connecting rod bushings a green a yellow and a brown, none of which are available of course. I look at the kawi parts site and there are just a and b part. So can someone explain what the 3 arctic cat parts difference was?

Also found that the crank had a bit of wear on it on the left side so may just be parting this thing out if I cant find a reasonable priced crankshaft. Anybody need any parts? LOL
this parts book shows the same 3 (green, yellow, and brown) as AC...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts