Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 21 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2004 arctic cat 300 4x4 that’s not getting spark at all bought it off a guy that said it just died on him and he didn’t fell like messing with it haven’t got to mess with it a whole lot since I got it but it will turn over if u jump the starter solenoid and it will turn over and has good compression just won’t fire was wondering is there a fuse or does the rectifier or cdi have a history of going out on these

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
So it doesn’t turn over with the start button? Do any of the headlights or other lights work?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headlights work but none of the lights on the interments gauges that showed your gears

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Does it turn over with start button?

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Check kill switch which is the red button that slides side to side. Make sure it’s in run position. People have moved it accidentally. Also check fuse box and check main 30 amp fuse located in right rear wheel well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is in the run position I have not seen a 30 amp I seen a 4 prong fues

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts
I’ll move this to the ATV forum.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Nope, there's a main fuse but I forgot about neutral safety switch. Here's a link to a service manual

·
Registered
10,132 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve look all over this thing and haven’t found a 30 amp fuse and that Manuel was for the 400/500

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Manual should cover the 300 also. I’ll check my 05 300 tomorrow and let you know exact spot for the big fuse.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
right out the the manual link i gave you.

The main fuse (on the 400 ACT) is located in a fuse
block on the frame near the right rear tire and protected
by a snap-on cover. The main fuses are located in a fuse
block under the center cover in the front fender assembly
(on the 250/300), under the seat (on the 400 TBX/500
TBX/TRV, or under a cover above the right rear tire (on
the 400 FIS/500).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Checked the ignition fues was lose got it tighten up so everything lights up but still no spark and won’t turn over by itself could that be the starter solenoid for the starting and the cdi or retifier for the spark

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
There are a few electrical tests listed in the manual. Maybe peruse the manual in the electrical section and go from there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We got it last night on the ignition fuses it was really bad loose and I took a flat head and tighten it up and everything works now

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Good to hear

1 - 21 of 25 Posts