Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 AC 500 4x4 Manual, 90's Yamaha Bear Tracker
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 2004 AC 500 4x4 from a buddy of mine recently. Having throttle issues, so removed and cleaned today. Didn't help much so figure I will rebuild. Having an issue on identifying which carb I have. Not sure if it's a CVK34 or 36. Can someone help? Thanks!
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Engineering Nut

·
Administrator
40,671 Posts
Cvk36 is the stock carb

Reactions: djplant7140

·
Administrator
40,671 Posts
Your welcome

·
Registered
2004 AC 500 4x4 Manual, 90's Yamaha Bear Tracker
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So was playing around with it some more today and I've seen posts about the air filter causing the machine to not run right. I took the old filter off and restricted the flow with my hand and it runs perfectly. Got a new filter and it still acts like it's choking down. Is this an internal issue? Vacuum line not kinked.

·
Administrator
40,671 Posts
It means it’s running lean. Not enough fuel.
Dirty carb Jets will do that. Float not adjusted correctly.
Or you have an air leak.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Check the boot that goes between the carb and the airbox, they are seriously notorious for cracking open, check the boot between carb and head. There really isn't much to rebuild in a Keihin carb, personally the most commonly changed carb piece for me is the float valve, on average I change 1 every 2 years. The slide spring wore out after 16 years, the needle seems fine. drain your tank and check your in tank filter to make sure it's not all jammed up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts