Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking at a 2004 600 EFI Sabercat (4100 miles) and a 2006 500 EFI Sabercat (4100 miles). Which would you recommend and why?

90% trail riding

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Go with the 2004 600 I made the same mistake last year and I'm still kicking myself. Here my story. I thought about a 08 F5 EFI or the 08 F6 EFI for my son well dumb a$$ me went with the 500 and yeah it gets around good with the 85 HP but now he wants more and there's nothing that can be done with it, I have called several of the site sponsors and others as well and nothing for a non power valv. 500 and that is what the 500 sabercat will be, so on that note the 600 120 hp i believe and there's mods that you can do if later you wish to, the ride should be the same between the two, another thing the 600 may get better mpg than the 500 only because the 600 isn't working as hard as the 500.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking to go with the more ponies but wasn't sure if it would be worth giving up 2 years. Didn't know 2 years newer would be worth giving up horsepower for.

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
It would depend on the shape of both, some the 4000+ mile scares them, My 03 F7 now has almost 7000 on it and has never been apart. After my last screw up, If it was me would go with the 600 and take my chances, but I don't mine working on them myself either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If the sled were for your wife, and if she rides like my wife, then either would do. If the sled's for you, and your a typical guy, well, let's face it, we've got this damn testosterone problem........go for the 600 APV motor...........

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
go with the 600 you never know when your gping to have to ride it. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts