Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have a blown fuse but I'm not sure where all the fuses are located. I checked the fuses near the battery and none were blown. I went to install a new battery and the positive cable touched the negative terminal by accident and sparked and must have blown a fuse somewhere but I'm not real farmiliar with arctic cat atv's. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
There should be a fuse "box" under the seat. Also if you had the cables hooked up the wrong way for a little while it will fry the voltage regulator.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Does the battery still read 12 volts? Sometimes when a battery shorts it will kill the battery. Just a sec. shouldn't fry the regulator but I would think that a fuse would have blown before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the new battery out and put the old one back in just to check and nothing even with the old battery. The old battery was just weak but still worked and should have lit up the lights at least when re connecting but nothing. I thought it may have fried the new battery but even the old one doesn't work which makes me thing I fried something elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Hmm... Can you check to make sure that you are getting power to the fuse box? Also check the lines that lead from the battery to the fuse box and check to see if they have an inline fuse.

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
I can't remember but I think your machine has a 30 amp fuse above the right rear tire somewhere

1 - 9 of 9 Posts