Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can;t get my sled to run one both cylinders : I cleaned the carbs, switched them from side to side, by-passed electrical hookup for carb, checked compression:115 pulling it over and if running on the one good side with plug out of other side the compression is 148, switched plug wires around, looked an cylinder and rings from carb side and exhaust side-looks good...runs good on one cylinder but not on the other, pulled plug wire on good side while running and it will run on bad side when pressing the throttle a little but will not idle. Even changed the gas lines around...always the same side that does not run right...clutch side. I need help on what to check next or what the problem might be.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
When all is switched and it runs the same you could have bad crank seals or intake boots. Is the y-pipe broke on that side? Did you look at the piston skirts? If these are all good I would check to make sure the crank is not out of phase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It ended up being the needle in the throttle body. I must not have had it in correctly and turned the cap on and forced the keeper clip off the groove and it was about 1/4 inch shorter than it should have been, thus it would flood out when throttle was pushed , took that apart and put new clip in place and it works just fine, I learned a few things on this little project. Thanks again for your suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts