Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ahve a 2003 pantera i purchased that has 200 mils on it. This is the first cat I have owned so i do not know much about tem.

The issue is when I go to turn the key for elec start the motor turns over it just does not start up. As soon as i dumped a bit of fuel in each cyliner it started up for a 1/2 second and died.

From looking at the fuel lines they look like there is no gas in them. Ny assumption is the motor is not getting gas. First thing I thought of was fuel switch but I guess the 2003 600 EFI's have an automatic fuel switch.

So this leads me to believe the fuel pump is bad, gas filter is clogged or maybe a fuse. The manual did not show me any place where the fuses would be located.

Has anyone else had this isseue or know what is going on? I did not know if something stood right out as the issue or if it is trial and error replacing items till it gets gas to the cylinders.

The sled was last ridden in 2005 and was summerized after the 05 season.

The other issue I have is the battery. The interstate I purchased seems to be to tall so I not able to put the bar accross the topn to bolt it down.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was told by the dealer it is most likely the Throttle bodies and the fuel injectors. I am not sure if these are the same thing or 2 different pieces. They said just clean them out by blowing air through. Does anyone have a diagram or directions to do this?

I found the diagram I attached I am just un sure what part numbers there need to be removed and cleaned. I woudl like to try doing it myself if it is not a huge task.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
In the diagram take off the part # 4 and then remove the injectors part #5 and clean them. If they had fuel sitting in them they can become plugged or get stuck shut. I have heard of guys just tapping them and they have become loose. Make sure you are careful with the O-rings when removing so they don't get cut.

Hope this helps Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts