Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here we go again with problems on this thing. so I now have all of 250 miles on a fresh rebuild. Starts and runs fine with 2 exceptions.

Low speed - so going fine and getting off the throttle quickly motor wants to die. but can burp throttle to keep going. if it dies will fire right back up.

High speed - will there is no high speed. nothing after 1/2 throttle, basically 7000rpm. just no power.

Any thoughts on these symtoms. I will be reading the plugs and running a stand tonight and will report those findings. anything else I should look into at the same time?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
okay so it runs up on a stand no problem 9000 and 100mph. pulled the plugs and they are a little dark thinking it could be a little heavy on oil, although the pump is adjusted to the factory line. What is a good compression number?

·
Registered
267 Posts
My 05 acted up a couple years ago where it had no power and used a lot of gas because the servo motor wouldn't open the exhaust valves. It would run good for a short time after I cleaned the valves, then once there was any buildup at all on the valves it was a dog again. The ECM will show a code on an LED light that is located on the underside of the ECM if the servo motor is bad. If the servo is bad, plan on spending at least $300 on a new one. If you have low compression you may have bigger problems.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
replaced the burnt piston and compression was 125. However burned it down again in 1/2mile. so what is a likely reason for leaning out in the piece of shet! worse sled I have ever owned next to the Storm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts