Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, after a 3 yr absence from the firecat im now back. Tomorrow mornin im buying a 03 F7 efi. I use to have a 05 f7 carb diamond drive. I know the 03's r the fastest year. The sled has 1000 miles on rebuilt motor. 100 miles on rebuilt shocks, snopro track, bmp can, 6 inch riser and 4th wheel kit with 8inch bogies. I plan on sending ecu in to arctic cat to get the 06 remap. What other performance upgrades r a must on the f7 to make it a major rocket. Thanx all

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clutching, timing key, Y-Pipe & BMP Pipe mod
Whos got the best clutch kit, im gettin the bmp y pipe, thought bout either the bmp pipe mod or buyin the stealth pipe. I heard alot of bad yet good on the timing key. Which key is best? On the dash theres a switch red & blue, the blue is ethanol...where shud i run this switch?

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
Run the switch in ethanol.. Unless you can get non ethanol gas.

ODS has good clutch kit. That's what I ran on my 06.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Run the switch in ethanol.. Unless you can get non ethanol gas.

ODS has good clutch kit. That's what I ran on my 06.

Ill look into the ods clutch kit. Ill run it on ethanol untill i can get ethanol free premium in the sled.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
cuttler performance clutch kit d&d light pipe 06 map 2 diggree key run 91 bmp head or rktec head both are great. that should get you going .

·
Super Moderator
8,445 Posts
Thanks all. I was thinkin bmp ypipe are theres good or is there a better one?

dont waste your money on the Y pipe if you are not going to get the rest of the pipe to go with it. The 1.5HP it gives it not worth the 200 bucks and you wont even notice the difference. . I would also get them all from the same company and not mix and match parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can't beat twin pipes for hp gain!and what he said no good to get a y-pipe without a tuned pipe. Speedwerx is good have it on my 03 f7

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey all, i bought my 03 F7 this mornin. Took it for a test ride and holly ****, its one angry f7!! I use to have a 05 and its nothin like this 03. This 03 hauls the bacon and i cant wait to hit the trails. Ill post pic asap

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice ride your going to have fun.

Thanks, i cant believe how pissed off this f7 is compaired the 05 f7 i had a few yrs back. Im gonna send ecu to get remapped to 06, then a HD sway bar, then a bmp ypipe then bmp pipe mod or bmp stealth pipe. Probably a clutch kit to but dont know whos i want lol. Anything else guys?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I had a D&D y pipe and I had to weld it. Go with a BMP Y pipe, Stealth pipe mod and get them both ceramic coated to keep the heat in. Put a 2deg timing key in and an ODS clutch kit and you'll be flying. Get rid of the fart can go back to a stock silencer and put an 05 seat on it. Just my 2cents

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My sled came with the bmp silencer not my choice lol. Im lookin for a 05/06 seat. Ive heard bad and good with the timing key, so whats the truth on them.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
2deg key is a cheap and well worth mod.. Better throttle responce.. You won't regret it..

Nice sled by the way... Enjoy it! Keep it clean! Clean is Mean!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2deg key is a cheap and well worth mod.. Better throttle responce.. You won't regret it..

Nice sled by the way... Enjoy it! Keep it clean! Clean is Mean!!

I plan on polishing up the tunnel this off season, gotta make it shine lol

·
Registered
617 Posts
Boy idk friend bought all stock and it keeps up with our modded ones! Might want to save your money! These sled are fast all stock! Jmho

1 - 20 of 21 Posts