Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a place to start but I have a 2003 pantera 600 efi that I can start and it runs good. I can go out and run the trails but as soon as I shut it off, it wont restart for some time. I pulled the plugs and I see spark but is there something that could be heating up and has to cool before I restart it?

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
Usually when something heats up like the stator or VR it starts to sputter. I wonder if air temp sensor or water temp sensor are suspect. Download a service manual from Country Cat. At top of home page under technical information. There should be ohm test to do in these. I don’t think a warm ECU would affect it but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your hel It does not sputter at all in fact it runs great. I can run the trails but if I shut it off to get gas or stop for a smoke, it wont start back up. If I wait for 30+ min I can get it to run again.p

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
One thing I learned with 1993 Pantera 550 EFI is to let it idle for a couple of minutes before I shut it off. I know its way older but I had issue way out in the bush miles from civilization. I just got the machine and did quick shutdowns when I stopped. I had a heck of a time getting it going even with new plugs. It’s almost like it flooded it. After that incident and a long idle before I shut it down I never had the issue again for the 18 years I owned it. I have followed that procedure with all my sleds even my T660.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looking for a place to start but I have a 2003 pantera 600 efi that I can start and it runs good. I can go out and run the trails but as soon as I shut it off, it wont restart for some time. I pulled the plugs and I see spark but is there something that could be heating up and has to cool before I restart it?
Are you using the electric start or pull start? My sled [99 Pantera] has the same problem. Using the pull start has never let me down, sometimes I think the electric starter does not spin the engine over fast enough for the stater to work well to power up the ignition coil. Next time you are out, if the electric starter fails to restart the engine within 1 second, give her a pull start before you flood the engine. BTW, I just fried my low speed coil [ignition] on my stater this week end. I wonder if this starting problem was linked to a stater starting to go bad.............

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
lots of things.
clean and ohm out ground wires.
try starting with the gas cap off, vapor lock in the tank?
new plugs do the same thing?
what is compression of engine?

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
we just picked up a 2002 600 eif
no problems with it.1400 miles on it.
i can test sensors and compare the numbers to yours

1 - 7 of 7 Posts