Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hae a 2003 cat 400 manual and every time it gets below 0 degrees celceous the throtle will freeze.. any reasons why this happens and how to fix it..

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Well its got water in the cable some how, it will need lubed to get it out.mine has done this alot when i start it up and just let it run fast it will thaw out pretty fast..

Maybe some one nows how to lube it easly..??

·
Registered
333 Posts
Try throwin a little methyl hydrate in were the throttle pivots mine freezes up there and it takes a little for it to get movin', if that don't help at all it may be time for a new cable. But with the water I've been threw and my cable still hasen't froze up yet you should be ok with the one you got. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tryed the meth thing on the throttle and it didnt work. I think its time for a new throttle cable because this fourwheeler has had a very rough life... And by rough i mean its been sank, never drove slowly nore has it ever stayed on four wheels for more than 3 days. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Get the cable lube that won't freeze and then wrap a plastic bag around the highest access point on the throttle cable and put enough in the bag so it will syphon down the cable. Let it sit awhile and you should be OK. I think you can get the stuff at most autopart/bike stores. Cheaper than a new cable and if its only on the cold days might clear it up. Mine did it new when I trailered it and the dealer did this to mine.

WC

·
Registered
322 Posts
i bought some lithium grease that is meant for extreme temperatures, started spraying it down the throttle cable (pull back boot, unscrew the thingy, start spraying... )

just did that over a period of a few days... working the cable so that the lithium made it's way down... seems to have worked so far!

The stuff I bought was black lithium grease, let me warn you.. the black makes a pretty good mess everywhere... perhaps white would be better. it's in a spray can (like wd40) with a small nozzle extension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts