Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Looking for any help on troubleshooting a starting issue for a 2003 Arctic Cat Touring 660 4 Stroke.

The fuel pump is not engaging when the key is turned on. The battery is brand new and turns over, but the sled doesn’t fire up.

The good news is I have 2 of the same sleds, and 1 is running with no problems.

I have swapped out all the relays between each sled, and the sled that runs still fires up with no problem, so it’s not a relay issue.

When looking at the running sled, when the key is first turned on, you hear the fuel pump engage and all dash lights come on including the headlights. On the other sled, when the key is turned on, the fuel pump does not engage, some of the dash lights are not coming on (temperature light and check engine light), and the headlights do not come on.

I’m going to test the fuel pump and hook it up to a 12v source, but sounds like there may be a wiring issue in play.

The sled ran fine before being stored for the summer. Has anyone ran into this issue?

Appreciate the help!

· Registered
14,353 Posts
On my 2006 T660 it has two wires going to the + battery terminal. Did you miss that one? I know I have when it fell down out of sight one year after disconnecting the battery.

· Registered
14,353 Posts
Here's an old thread with same issue with two different fixes.

· Registered
14,353 Posts
If you need, wiring diagrams and service manuals are available to download for free from country cat. com under technical information.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing.

I’m almost positive there is a wiring issue somewhere.

What is odd though is that some of the instrument lights do turn on (gauge lights, fuel level, etc), but then some of the other electrical items do not (check engine light, temperature light, and head light, plus the fuel pump)

It seems that most people have either all electric running or none of it besides the battery turning over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts