Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not 100% sure on the year, I think it's 2003 or around there, AC 300 4wd and I've been having some starting issues with it.

First I have run a can of SeaFoam through it, didn't notice any change, pulled the spark plug, it was a little black, cleaned it up and saw a bit of improvement.

Problem is the first start of the day, or after long periods of time between starts it will usually start right up, and then die shortly after, it tries to start but acts like it's not getting fuel, yes gas is switched to "on".

I have found that if I remove the gas tank lid and rock the 4 wheeler back and forth it will start right up and have no issues. I've also noticed this trick doesn't work if I don't remove the gas cap.

I was going to take the fuel tank off and check for any debris that might be blocking the fuel line. I see the 2 bolts at the back, are there any in the front or the side?

Anyone have any other suggestions to try?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Only the two bolts for the tank. Your on the right track, check the tank and even clean it and the fuel shut off valve. The screens will get clogged over time. Also check the fuel line if it's collapsed. Next would be to remove the carb and take it apart and clean it and all of the jets really good. When your inside also check the floats height and the rubber diaphragm on top for tears or dry rot. It sounds like a fuel delivery IMO. GL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.