Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Arctic Cat 500 Auto 4X4 TRV and my cooling fan is not working. I have jumped a hot wire from the battery to the fan and it operates. The fuses are all intact.

Other than the Temperature sending unit on the radiator and the fuse in the fuse block, Is there anything else that would stop the fan from operating?

I was wondering what purpose the Diode Assembly (#23 Diode Assembly 0530-010} on the wiring harness assembly drawing serves and if it it somehow connected to the cooling system?

I know I can put in a jumper wire and switch and wire it into a hot circuit, but I would rather fix it right...

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
The diode is like a one way valve allowing current to flow in only one direction. If your running high speed roads your fan can spin creating current which could be fed back into your electrical system. That is the theory but a few people have eliminated them with no ill effects by all accounts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have my fan on a switch and prefer it that way. Really easy, so long as you can jump it (using a switch as you don't need it running all the time) as you described to the stock fuse, and as doorfx mentioned eliminating the diode. Or run a fused wire from the battery to a switch to the fan, even easier! Making sure you di-electric grease everything!!

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.