Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New member here. I did a global search and found only two results on trying to find this seal so thought I'd ask. My son bought a used 03 that leaks diff oil out about as soon as it goes in from the referenced pinion seal 0402-395. I've found absolutely no one sells this exact seal. Yes I've found 30x52x14 in a regular seal as well as the option to stack two 30x52x7... but this one from Arctic Cat seals on ID as well as the outward face towards the three hole connector plate. Has anyone had luck with alternative seals or other ideas? Im shocked you can buy just about every other part for this but they decided to quit providing a pretty critical seal that renders the quad useless without it? Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
There was another thread on this exact part. An answer wasn’t posted as to what seal was ordered. Last post was they were going to try Motion Industries. 123bearing was mentioned but shipping was a deal breaker. At this point your only choice is the regular seal without the extra lip. I’d still be interested in an answer as I have a 2003 FIS 400 also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I did order both types from Amazon last night...30x52x7 qty 2 as well as a single 30x52x10 to try out and see if I can get either to work. After looking at parts diagrams last night I would think that as long as the ID sealing lips are good it should do it's job. I also ordered the two pinion bearings to replace at the same time. Ill keep you posted as to what I find. Im still curious why what I consider hard to manufacture model specific components are still available yet an inexpensive production molded seal was discontinued with no other direct options? Oh well. It is what it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Got the diff out and cleaned it up and the old seal out. The new seal 30x52x10 Will work but is extremely tight on the spline 3 point connection drive yoke that slides into it. I mean so tight it's hard to turn by hand. I tried the other 30x52x7 to make sure I didn't get a bad seal and it was just as tight. I've changed dozens and dozens of seals and never felt an interference fit as tight as this. Anyone else have experience on if this is supposed to fit this tight. When I cross reference the discontinued OEM part 0402-395 it says it's a 30mm ID which is what the new seals are but it's so tight Im afraid it will get hot and leak immediately. Any input? Thinking of ordering a next size up on ID?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts