Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this atv used, took it out for my forst ride and when i got back its leaking oil. It seems like its leaking from the flywheel side cover as there is some homemade gasket on it now (not even trimmed neatly lol), im thinking this is where the problem is. I ordered the proper gasket for this and am going to change it to see if it solves my problem.

Im wondering if anyone knows the torque specs for the 12 bolts keeping the case cover on, would like to know before I change it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
8 foot pounds or 96 inch pounds if you have that torque wrench also.

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts
Be careful when you remove the cover , washers like to fall off

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!
What washers would they be?

Anyone know of any other known oil leaks from anywhere else on that particular bike?

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts
Get your self a free service manual at countrycat.com under technical.
All torque specs and detailed how to.

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the source of my leak is the cylinder base gasket, on the front near the oil filter it looks like oil is seeping down when the engine is going.

Is there any "easy" way to fix this? Does the whole engine have to come out to replace that gasket anyone know?

Thanks

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts
No you can replace it in the machine. Just make sure you give it a good cleaning before you start

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
^^^2.
You need to pull the gas tank to get at upper mount and to see what you’re doing a lot better. Don’t drop the timing chain. I did a top end and tied a small string around chain and upper frame after cylinder removed. Don’t worry about it falling off lower sprocket. You can get it back on easy enough.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^2.
You need to pull the gas tank to get at upper mount and to see what you’re doing a lot better. Don’t drop the timing chain. I did a top end and tied a small string around chain and upper frame after cylinder removed. Don’t worry about it falling off lower sprocket. You can get it back on easy enough.
Ok perfect, you guys come across that gasket leaking before? This a common issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts