Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just woundering if someone out there can help me out , i just did and complete engine overhaul this year and noticed my powervalve cables were both broken, so i replaced them and set them to spec, (keep in mind this is an early build unit), but i just noticed that they were both loose at the motor today , there was quite a bit of slack enough that they were falling out of the recessed holes where they mount at the motor, ive had a few rides on the sled after the rebuild and new cables and it seems to run good, im hitting 7400 rpm. but not sure where to go on the power valves for testing , also the side of the carb has what looks like a tps sensor but my sled is not fuel injected and when i bought it it was un plugged , i plugged it in and my sled started surgeing off idle on its on , like quik stabs of the throttle kinda scary if your not exspecting it, any info on why that happend and what that sensor is ,how to set it would be great , thanks

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
That is a throttle position sensor, it's used by the ECU to control ignition timing. They do go bad sometimes, but IMO it's not a good idea to unplug it, I've seen motors burn down from that, even though they shouldn't.

·
Registered
383 Posts
keep in mind the EB sled had a spec for the cables at 32.5 mm over the 35 mm of the later sleds.
as said above the TPS needs to be plug in and in your case you need to have it checked to see if it is good. the dealer can do it your you can build your own tester from a 9 V batt and 5 VDC VR. I believe the idle spec is .69 V and the WOT is 3.79 V. use a analog meter to check for dead spots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts