Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 811 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That’s what I heard about EFI. Never had one. Talk to the guy with the 900 he can’t get it started. It just pops over with gas put in the cylinders . He doesn’t want to mess with it. Just worried about the compression being low on one cylinder. Maybe a stuck exhaust valve? Is this stock exhaust?
zr 900. EFI. 800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sleds are the same price . The 800 efi is 4 1/2 hrs west and the 900 is 5 hrs east

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It could be the fuel pump in the tank. I've never had an EFI sled. But I've read that there is a screen on the tank fuel pump that needs to be cleaned, or something to that affect. That's what it sounds like to me, since it will only run on fuel poured down the cyls...which I hope he's using mixed gas for that purpose.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just got off the phone with him he doesn’t want to mess with it getting it started, he said he would come down a couple hundred. Take it ass is.?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok , head is spinning here , which sled to get? The 900 $1600 or the Efi 800 $1,700

·
Registered
402 Posts
Assuming both are in similar condition miles wise and chassis wise. I would go with the 800 personally. With the 900 you already have a bunch of unknowns and now on top of that you are adding that it wont run when you come see it? That would be a hard pass for me, non-running sleds should be bargain priced, this one is not. And those 800's run strong, for the little bit of added performance you might get out of the 900 i don't think you would know the difference 95 percent of the time except in a straight up drag race.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks , ya I think in the long run the 800 efi would be the best bet. Buts hard too pass up a 900. But too many warning signs here steering me in the face. I am going to shoot him a low offer since it’s not running. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Found out the zr 900 had 8,546 miles on it and he said it was rebuilt around 4,165 miles, the zr 800 has 3,994

·
Registered
402 Posts
Case closed. That 900 sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen. Out of curiosity i did a little CL snooping over in your area, did you see the ZL 800 that has been stretched to a 136 in i believe Dixon?

And no, i don't have any connection to this sled, just couldn't help myself but try to find the 900 you were talking about.

Best of luck to you, but i gotta ask where is the ZRT in your avatar? Man do the AGLT mod on that and from what i have read you will have one heck of a sled.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
No I didn’t see that one, I will look. I am going to call the guy with the 900 and tell him that there’s anthor sled I am going to see Iowa. See what price he will do. I am tossing the idea of heading to his place which is 4 1/2 hrs I find out, then if it’s a bad deal head out 5 1/2 hrs to Iowa. Don’t no why I am stuck on that 900 idea

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Found out the zr 900 had 8,546 miles on it and he said it was rebuilt around 4,165 miles, the zr 800 has 3,994

And what is his definition of rebuild? To some that just means toss in some fresh rings.

·
Registered
402 Posts
No I didn’t see that one, I will look. I am going to call the guy with the 900 and tell him that there’s anthor sled I am going to see Iowa. See what price he will do. I am tossing the idea of heading to his place which is 4 1/2 hrs I find out, then if it’s a bad deal head out 5 1/2 hrs to Iowa. Don’t no why I am stuck on that 900 idea

Its right there in your name, you got that CATFEVER for a 900, LOL....

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Heading out, pray for me. Right. Going to see the 900 first . Will keep you informed. Should be there by 1:00

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I brought all my tools, I am going do surgery on his sled, not getting worked over this time. tcatts446 no’s my run in’s

·
Registered
546 Posts
For me it would be an easy hard pass on the 900 mod. If you've got a hard on for a 900 then grab up that stock 800, ride it the way it is for this season, do the research and the homework, collect the parts you need and turn it into a 900 then you'll know exactly what's gone into it and it'd be a great project for next summer. There are so many red flags with that 900 that it makes me nervous for you!
This is only my personal opinion and I'd hate to see anybody get raked over the coals.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well what a day. Had transmission issues, the guy gave me a ghost address to a empty field . N5285 e little sliver lake rd, wildrose WI 54984, then he gave me one to a campground where was stAying at. The mag side, the front side top of the piston came off some how about a one inch chuck.the exhaust valve had to hit it, so I told him I can buy for a parts machine that to rebuild that motor could be close to a $1,000 . Wonder where that missing peace went of the piston? Out the exhaust pipe? But I got the sled home . Will take pics of the damage

21 - 40 of 811 Posts