Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is about a 32nd or just a little more of play in my crank if you push it tords the mag side and pull it back to the pto side that i found when i pulled my clutch off i was wondering if it is going to last or do i have a bad crank bearing

·
Registered
114 Posts
Im not sure about the spec that you are talking about but I have an 02 zr800 efi and the main bearings got loose enough to let the crank seal on the mag side leak and burn down that cylinder at about 9500 mi. I noticed it was leaking there when I pulled that flywheel and stator off and there was a little oil leaking out of that seal. After full disassembly I could see the wear from the roller bearings on the bearing race and feel the edge of the wear with my finger nail. I then took my crank in and had the main bearings replaced and the rest inspected, then got it trued and welded as a precaution. And from there did inspected everything and rebult the topend.

Not sure if this will help but it might give you an idea what you can expect out of the stock crank anyway.

Chuck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt rilly looking for a spec but i was wondering if that was the driction that i was heading meaning buring down a cylinder or taking out the bottom end so i gess i was wondering if anybody else has seen this happen to them before there's 1800 miles on the sled so that is why i was wondering thanks andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts