Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Machine idles fine but upon giving gas it resorts to a weird idle almost like one cylinder. I’ve disconnected the tps switch with the same result . I found tps setting specs . Is this the possible culprit? Machine has 9 k miles . Thks

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I'd suspect the efi system on this one. You could try some "mechanic in the bottle" in the tank on it. Some have had success with that. But first I'd siphon out all the old gas and put fresh in first.

Steve

·
Registered
128 Posts
Something easy to eliminate is to take your servo motor cover off and confirm both cables are still connected. They can come off, BTDT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd suspect the efi system on this one. You could try some "mechanic in the bottle" in the tank on it. Some have had success with that. But first I'd siphon out all the old gas and put fresh in first.

Steve
Machine idles great until 2k , throttle applied quickly and machine limps into a one cylinder mode . Eventually rpms drop to normal idle . Holding throttle above idle machine backfires. Weird

·
Registered
302 Posts
Machine idles great until 2k , throttle applied quickly and machine limps into a one cylinder mode . Eventually rpms drop to normal idle . Holding throttle above idle machine backfires. Weird
Do you have access to a spark tester? Are you losing spark to one cylinder above 2ooo RPM? Did you try bypassing the TSS [Throttle Safety Switch]?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts