Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should i do to my 2002 zr cross country. its completely stock right now except new track, its got low miles, i want it to walk all over a polaris 600

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the sled im racing is clutched reeds and can. An even if i will spank it stock what would you suggest doing, i want more power

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked up some stats and my zr weighs 496! things a boat..and its only rated at 110 horse. The polaris is lighter and i think has more horse how will i beat that

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Send it to Ron Hunyady and have him punch it out to 1107. :thumbsup: Your nuts will turn into the equivalent of hippity hops and there will be no question of who's the man.

·
Registered
236 Posts
if your looking for performance bolt on's buy a 800 and dont waste your time iv searched up and down for bolt on there not worth it and v force reeds arnt for 2 stroke my uncle dynoed his 2 stroke with them vs V force 2 reeds and he holds a few world records with his 800 beating open mods and his 1000 world record sled spanking all but a haybusa engine....

V force 3= low end torque on the dyno was proven and

V force 2 reeds where for the screamer 2 strokes he said it was a huge difference so dont buy the v force 3 reeds he spend about 40k on his sled and is 1 of kind... chrome moly chassis noone can just buy ect ect. and lots of dyno time.....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya i wish i had money for an 800.. but i thought one was a bit over kill for my area. So your saying v force 2 reeds are better then 3's?

·
Registered
236 Posts
im gonna keep my engine stock i dont want it blowing up and it still whoops 700's easly im not sure what this one guy had i know it was a yamaha 600-800 i passed him with little effort and i had no studs and i went off the trail going through fresh powder and he had his floored it was a 1/2 mile stretch of straight away
was going to clutch mine this year but ran out of money so that will be next year went about 100 mph last year that was way to fast for non groomed trails ill go for more torque we got some nice twisties here around walworth county and lots of up hills

My uncle has raced for lonnnnng time and said the zr 600 cce is faster than a 700 polaris arctic cat has always had more than polaris. Now ski doos there new sleds are running on 100.1 oil ratio he said and his junk yard buddy told him send them all this way cause there motor isnt going to last i guess there blowing up left and right some as few as 20 miles off the show room floor. But hey ski doo is making 140 horsepower i think with there 600 so after a few miles you can tow them in since your still close to home :D

our chainsaws run on 40.1 imagine 100.1 thats like no oil lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
torque spacers? are those the spacers they make for the torsion springs? iv seen those almsot look like they work on most sleds if thats what your talking about im not sure what they do eathier

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ill make a new post now that my sled is done yellow a arms florecent orange springs orange windshield its the cce black one so this thing looks like no other ZR that iv seen matter of fact might look like a ski doo to most but this thing looks mean ill post tomarow

·
Registered
236 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (firecat606 @ Nov 16 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
they go with the reed cage and space it out[/b]
all i know is the 2 facts about those reeds not sure on anything else. Though im assuming the more modded engine benefits more from them i would assume... If i understood correctly i believe it was to allow the fuel and air to mix more properly and burn better anyone know the facts about reeds and there benefits?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright ya the torque spacers are made by fett brothers you can go to there website if you want to see what im talking about, dennis kirk also carries them....i just want more hps out of this sled would take any advice

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (asaracing21 @ Nov 16 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
im gonna keep my engine stock i dont want it blowing up and it still whoops 700's easly im not sure what this one guy had i know it was a yamaha 600-800 i passed him with little effort and i had no studs and i went off the trail going through fresh powder and he had his floored it was a 1/2 mile stretch of straight away
was going to clutch mine this year but ran out of money so that will be next year went about 100 mph last year that was way to fast for non groomed trails ill go for more torque we got some nice twisties here around walworth county and lots of up hills

My uncle has raced for lonnnnng time and said the zr 600 cce is faster than a 700 polaris arctic cat has always had more than polaris. Now ski doos there new sleds are running on 100.1 oil ratio he said and his junk yard buddy told him send them all this way cause there motor isnt going to last i guess there blowing up left and right some as few as 20 miles off the show room floor. But hey ski doo is making 140 horsepower i think with there 600 so after a few miles you can tow them in since your still close to home :D

our chainsaws run on 40.1 imagine 100.1 thats like no oil lol[/b]
:lol: come back to the real world the Poo 600 will beat you top end and the 700 even worse, but you will beat him in the trails

10-56poo weights
yellow-white Cat primary spring
57/50 helix
Green EPI secondary spring

You will toy with them in the trails, but on top the poos got you beat

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So you think v force three reeds and the clutching you suggested and it should rip pretty good. Im not to concerned about beating that sled as long as im not getting slaughtered i just want this thing to rip

1 - 20 of 30 Posts