Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Well i finally got my Triple Westach EGT Gauge from HPE installed and all hooked up :beer_cheers:

-Fast response probes
-SLP Pods

Im just looking for input as what this engine puts out for temps so i know what to look for at the differing throttle ranges?

also for coolant temps what is normal running temperature for this engine?

any help is welcome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Water temp. on my 01 T-Cat runs 130 deg.

As far as EGT's mine run 1250 ish in mid range riding. 30-40 mph on the trails. Wide open they drop back to 1150 or so.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just remember with the analog guages that you must consider the outside temps. when reading them. Your baseline is @ 32F. IF it's 10F outside you must add 22 degrees to your actual egt readings. If it's 54F outside, you must subtract 22 degrees from your actual reading. Just remember to read your manual. Did you get the cheap light kits installed? That was a hair puller for me, kept breaking those cheap little wires when I went to install them. You should never go over 1250 degrees in any throttle position, I was told that's the benchmark for a piston failure/meltdown.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys!!!

ya i got those poor light kits installed and i sent a email to Westach telling them how poor they are.

I have some trouble shooting to do as my PTO side is not reading anything but the Center and MAG are reading ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts